1. The science concerned with vegetable culture is called as….
2. Which of the following elements is almost non essential for plants?
3. Although a deficiency of any one of the elements listed may result in chlorosis, only one of these elements is an element found in chlorophyll. Which is it?
4. Which of the following elements is not present in a nitrogenous base?
5. A water-fern, which is used as a green manure in rice fields, is
6. Green manure plants used by farmers mainly belong to the family
7. Major food crops of the world belong to
8. The principal cereal crop of India is
9. Which one among the following chemicals is used for causing defoliation of forest trees?
(a) Posphon D
(b) Malic hydrazide
(c) 2, 4-D
(d) Amo 1618
10. Bioherbicides have been recommended
(a) to prevent ecodegradation
(b) because of their ready availability
(c) because of their cheap rates
(d) because of their abundance
11. The most important weed against which eradication measures would be taken on war footings is
12. Water logging of soil makes it physiologically dry because
(a) this condition does not allow the capillary force to work
(b) this condition does not allow oxygen to enter the soil
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) none of these
13. Which one of the following is natural insecticide?
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) none of these
14. The process by which nutrient chemicals or contaminants are dissolved and carried away by water, or are moved into a lower layer of Soil
15. Which of the following is an example of a weed of Rabi season that infest wheat crop?
(d) None of the above
16. First Bioinsecticide developed commercial scale was
17. Composted manure is produced from
(a) farmyard manure and green manure
(b) farm refuse and household refuse
(c) organic remains of biogas plants
(d) rotten vegetables and animal refuse
18. Norin-l0 gene from Japan is a
(a) dwarf gene of wheat
(b) dwarf gene of rice
(c) dwarf gene of maize
(d) disease resistant gene of rice
19. Aims of plant breeding are to produce
(a) disease-free varieties
(b) high-yielding varieties
(c) early-maturing varieties
(d) all of the above
20. Growing of two or more crops simultaneously on the same piece of land is called-
(a) mixed cropping
(b) mixed farming
21. The Mexican dwarf wheat variety was developed by
22. The desired varieties of economically useful crops are raised by
(c) Natural selection
23. High-yielding varieties of wheat were primarily developed by Indian scientist by crossing- breeding traditional varieties with
(a) American varieties
(b) Mexican varieties
(c) European varieties
(d) African varieties
24. A plant breeder: waists to develop a disease resistant variety. What should he do first?
(d) Production of crop
25. Dry farming in India is extensively Practised in
(a) Punjab plains
(b) Deccan region
(c) Kanara plains
(d) Coromendal plains
26. Which is the main source of irrigation of agriculture land in India?
27.In which state of India wet agriculture is practised ?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
28. India has been divided into how many principal cotton growing regions?
29.The major agriculture land in India is under
(a) Plantation crops
(b) Food crops
(c) Cash crops
(d) oil seeds
30.Jhum cultivation is prevalent in
(b) Madhya Pradesh
31. Fishing is highly developed along the western coast of India as
(a) The continental shelf along the western coast is not well developed
(b) The continental shelf along the western coast is well pronounced–
(c) The continental slope along the western coast is well developed
(d) The continental slope along the western coast is not well developed
32. The state with highest production of large cardamon in India is
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
33. Which crop is sown in the largest area in M.P ?
34. Green Revolution in India has so far been the most succesful in the case of
(a) Rice & wheat
(b) Tea & coffee
(c) Wheat &potato
(d) Mustard &Oilseeds
35. Which of the following is not matched ?
(A) Varuna —lrrigated or unirrigated condition
(B) Vardan—Un.irrigated condition
(C) Narendra•85 —Saline soil
(D) K-88-Black grain
36.Which is not matched Correctly ?
(A) Blight ——Manc0zeb 75 W.P.
(B) White Blister-02% spray of Radomil
(C) Downy mildew —Zineb
(D) Smut —Endosulfan
Ans – D
37. How much kg of sugarcane seed is required for sowing one hectare ?
(A) 7000 – 7500 kg
(B) 5500 – 6000 kg
(C) 8000 – 8500 kg
(D) 5200 – 5500 kg
38. Which is a variety of Oat ?
39. How much seed per hectare is needed for Berseem ?
(A) 18 — 22 kg
(B) 25 — 30 kg
(C) 30 – 35 kg
(D) 15 — 20 kg
40. What is the average annual production of European variety of honeybee colony ?
(A) 14 kg
(B) 16 kg
(C) 10 kg
(D) 8 kg
41. How much tomatoes are required for one kg tomato seeds ?
(A) 50 – 300 kg
(B) 300 — 350 kg
(C) 160 — 210 kg
(D) 200 — 250 kg
42. Inarching method is used for culture of which fruits crops
(A) Mango and Guava
(B) Mango and Grapes
(C) Guava and Litchi
(D) Phalsa and Guava
43. Generally during summer and khurq’ seasons annual plants produce bloom in how many days ?
(A) 60 — 70 days
(B) 70 —— 80 days
(C) 70 — 75 days
(D) 50 – 60 days
44. Makhdum is a variety for which crop?
(A) Badam (Almond)(cknke)Purunsdulsis, Family Rosaceae
(B) Date palm([ktwj)Phoenix dactilifera, FamilyPalmaeor Aracaecae
(C) Walnut(Juglansregia Family Juglandaceae)
(D) Coconut( Cocosnucifera FamilyPalmae or Aracaecae)
45. Which is the Goat breed reared in the city?
46. A hen starts egg laying after how many weeks?
(A) 15 weeks
(B) 20 weeks
(C) 18 weeks
(D) 16 weeks
47. How much is the fat percentage in the milk of Bhadavari buffalo ?
(A) 15 — 18%
(B) 8 – 13%
(C) 13 – 16%
(D) 6 – 10%
48. Television broadcast for rural development programmes in India started in-
49. Which of the following points refers to the economic level of output ?
(C) MR = AC
(D) MR = MC</mc
50. What is the correct order of C3plants ?
(A) Sugarcane — Paddy – Bajra—Maize
(B) Groundnut — Potato — Wheat— Soybean
(C) Potato — Paddy — Bajra —W’heat
(D) Paddy – Sugarcane – Soybean –Bajra
51. C6H12O6 + 602 —>6O2 + 6HZO shows-
(D) Translocation of food materials
52. How does the supply of nitrogen in grains take place?
(A) From old leaves
(B) From plant roots
(C) From stem
(D) By photosynthesis
53. To reduce the crop-weed com-petition, at what stage are the herbicides used?
(A) At germination
(B) At tillering
(C) At ear emergence
(D) After first irrigation
54. How much percentage dry weight of crops should be at physiological maturity?
55. Growth of early emerging leaves becomes faster because of-
(A) Cell division and cell enlargement
(B) Stunt growth of plants
(C) Faster Photosynthesis
(D) Low pressure of outer atmosphere
56. The ideal temperature for most of the cultivable crops is-
(A) 30°C – 50°C
(B) 15°C – 40°C
(C) 35°C – 40°C
(D) 45°C – 55°C
57.Sulphur, containing amino acid is –
D. None of these
58. Which pH range is not suitableto grow the crop
(A) Oats — 5•0 -— 7-5 pH
(B) Cotton — 6-0—7•5 pH
(C) Bean ——• 6-0 — 8•0 pH
(D) Potato —- 4•5•6•5 pH
59. What is Azofication
(A) It is also known as composite fixation of nitrogen.
(B) It is also known as freefixation of nitrogen
(C) It is also known as nitrogenfixed by Rhizobium bacteria
`(D) It is also known as nitrogengain through rains or snow
60. Which is the hybrid of PusaGiant Napier
(A) Napier x Iowar
(B) Napier x Bajra
(C) jowar x Bajra
(D) Bajra x Iowar
61. From where is Indian Journal ofAgriculture Sciences published
62. How much paddy seed is neededfor transplanting one hectarearea by SRI technique
(A) 30 – 35 kg
(B) 1 •— 1•5 kg
63. Soldier insect harms which cropmore
64. ln which season is the highest yield of Maize obtained
(D) A11 of these
65. Seed treatment of which crop isdone by Captan or Cerasan @ 5gm / kg seed–
66. Varieties of Miscavi and PusaVisal are of which crop
67. Which is not prepared from potato
(A) Farina and Alcohol
(D) Acetic acid
68. Potato tuber growth is stopped at what temperature ?
(A) 40°C — 42°C
(B) 30°C — 32°C
(C) 35°C — 37°C
(D) 38°C – 40°C
69. In which state of India is the area of Coffee maximum ?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
70. How much cloves of garlic is required for one hectare
(A) 400 kg
(B) 500 kg
(C) 600 kg
(D) 300 kg
71. Which variety of Papaya gives maximum Papain
(A) Pusa Delicious
(B) Pusa Majesty
(D) Pusa Dwarf
72. At the time of Apple fruit setting,what is the minimum tempera-ture required ?
(B) 4-5°C -— 5-5°C
(C) 8°C —- 10°C
(D) 2°C — 30C
73. How many days can the Aonlabe kept in salt solution ?
(A) 15 days
(B) 30 days –
(C) 60 days
(D) 75 days
74. What is the average temperature of cow and buffalo ?
(A) – 98•4°F
75. ’Pheromone Trap’ attracts-
(A) male moths
(B) female moths
(D) female bugs
76. Success of rural projects dependsupon-
(A) Agriculture Extension
(C) Y Soil Science
(D) Regular training of staff
77. At which height from soil level are the synoptic meterological observations done ?
(A) 2~0 metre
(B) 1-25 metre
(C) 2•25 metre
(D) 1•0 metre to 2•0 metre
78. Evaporation is measured by which instrument ?
79. What is computed by the follow-ing equation?
CGR = (W2 – W1) / (t2 – t1)
(A) Relative growth rate
(B) Crop growth rate
(C) Analysis of development
(D) Leaf area index
80. At what temperature does the wilt disease virus grow faster ?
(A) 40°C — 45°C
(B) 35°C • 40°C
(C) 24°C — 28°C
(D) 22°C — 26°C
81. Opening and closing of stomata depends on-
(B) Water pressure
82. Which of the following is not a variety of seeds
(A) Hybrid seed
(B) Composite seed
(C) Breeder seed
(D) Mutant seed
83. Which of the following is not a method of knowing seed life
(A) Respiration test
(B) Embryo culture method
(C) Seed dormancy method
(D) lndigocarmjne method
84. Drip irrigation is useful in which region?
(D).None of these
Ans : A
85.Seed plant technique is followed in –
Ans : A
85. The optimum cardinal temparature point for germination of rice seeds is–
(A).18°C – 22°C
(B).20°C – 25°C
(C).30°C – 32°C
(D).37°C – 39°C
86. Chemical formula of pyrite is–
86.Asexual reproduction includes –
87. Among the following crop rotations, which is good for increasing soil Nutrient status?
88. For providing inputs like quality seeds, fertilizers and pesticides, the agency present at the Village Panchayat Samiti Level is –
89. For waterlogged rice cultivation, the fertilizer that may be avoided is –
A. Ammonium chloride
B. Sodium nitrate
D.None of these
90. Where do the female mango leaf hoppers lay their eggs
A. On the dorsal surface of leaves
B. Inside the tissue of leaf margin
C. Inside the mid-rib of leaves
D. On the ventral surface of leaves
91.Prabhat is an early short duration variety of –
A. Red gram
B. Black gram
D. Green gram
92. Anemometer measures –
A. Relative humidity
B. Wind direction
C. Wind velocity
D. Net radiation
93. TPS technique is related to –
D. All of these
94. The ratio between marketable crop yield and water used in evapotranspiration is known as
-A.Economic irrigation efficiency
B. Field water use efficiency
C. Water use efficiency
D. Consumptive use efficiency
95. In H.T.S.T. pasteurization, which one of the following organisms is chosen as index organism for killing?
96. In maize plants –
A. Tassels appear first
B. Silk appear first
C. Both of these appear at same time
D.None of these
97. Damping-off disease of vegetable nursery can be controlled by-
A. Mixing of fungicides in soil
C. Seed treatment
D.All of these
98. SRI is a techniqu used in –
99. Soil fertility is reduced due to –
A. Poor drainage
B. Over irrigation
C. Continuous cropping
D. Imbalanced use of fertilizers
100) In India,gene bank of wheat is located at –
A. IARI, New Delhi