3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19
Released by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare on 03 rdJune, 2019.
2. As per 3rd Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2018-19 is as under:
- Foodgrains –283.37 million tonnes.
- Rice – 115.63 million tonnes. (record)
- Wheat – 101.20 million tonnes (record)
- Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 43.33 million tonnes.
- Maize –27.82 million tonnes.
- Pulses –23.22 million tonnes.
- Gram – 10.09 million tonnes.
- Tur –3.50 million tonnes.
- Oilseeds –31.42 million tonnes.
- Soyabean – 13.74 million tones
- Rapeseed and Mustard – 8.78 million tones
- Groundnut – 6.50 million tonnes
- Cotton – 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each)
- Sugarcane – 400.37 million tonnes (record)
3. As per 3rdadvance Estimates for 2018-19,
Total Foodgrain production in the country is estimated at 283.37 million tonnes. which is higher by 17.62 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of foodgrain.
4. Total production of
- Rice during 2018-19 is estimated at record – 115.63 million tonnes.
- production of 112.76 million tonnes during 2017-18
- Production of rice has increased by 2.87 million tonnes than the. It is also higher by 7.83 million
- tonnes than the five years’ average production of 107.80 million tonnes.
Production of Wheat, estimated at record 101.20 million tonnes, is higher by 1.33 million tonnes as compared to wheat production of 99.87 million tonnes achieved during 2017-18. Moreover, the production of wheat during 2018-19 is higher by 6.59 million tonnes than the average wheat production of 94.61 million tonnes.
6 Production of Nutri / Coarse Cereals estimated at 43.33 million tonnes is arginally higher by 0.24 million tonnes than the average production.
7. Total Pulses production during 2018-19 is estimated at 23.22 million tonnes which is higher by 2.96 million tones than the Five years’ average production of 20.26 million tonnes.
8. Total Oilseeds production in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at 31.42 million tones . The production of oilseeds during 2018-19 is higher by 1.77 million tonnes than the Five years’ average oilseeds production.
9. With an increase by 20.46 million tonnes over 2017-18, total production of Sugarcane in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at record 400.37 million tonnes. Moreover, the | production of sugarcane
During 2018-19 is higher by 50.59 million tonnes than the average sugarcane production of 349.78 million tonnes. Production of Cotton estimated at 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each) and Production of Jute & Mesta estimated at 9.79 million bales (of 180 kg each).
- Breeding- importance of cross breeding
- Important fact of Agriculture for competitive exam
- Important Agriculture MCQ With Explanation for Competitive exam
- Basics of Soil Science for Competitive exam
- List of Important International Years in Agriculture Allied Sector