Agriculture Extension One Liner For Competitive exam
● Some World Bank–Aided Watershed Development Projects— 1995 Assam Rural Infrastructure & Agriculture Support Project 1998 DASP–Diversified Agriculture Support Project (in UP–UPDASP, in Uttaranchal also). 2001 Comprehensive Watershed (Sept. 10) Development Project–Karnataka
● 1996-97 AIBP–Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme
● 2004 Loknayak Jay Prakash Narain (17 Feb.) Nidhi (Fund) (Agriculture based
infrastructure and loan fund). This has taken place RIDF.–activities on- Primary Health Centres, Major & Minor Irrigation Project etc.
● India’s First—Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) established in 1974 at Pondicherry and of U.P. (KVK), the first K.V.K. established in 1976 at Sultanpur.
● In ICAR, at present 2008, Dec., end, there are 569 KVKs (in 8 Zones in India) 97 ‘ICAR’ Institutes and 44 State Agricultural Universities.
● For promotion of Excellence under the ICAR National Professor Scheme, a “Norman Borlang Chair in Agril. Biotechnology for crop Improvement” has been instituted.
● ‘KGK’ (Krishi Gyan Kendra) was sponsored by Government of U.P. in Uttar Pradesh.
● The smallest Unit of Extension Education is said to ‘Gram Panchayat’.
● In England, under the Act of 1909, ‘Farm Institutions’ were made and in Japan, ‘Farm Youth Training Programmes’ were started for the development of Agriculture.
● For the first time, the extension programmes were started from U.S. America.
● Agriculture Extension is that education, in which change is brought-out in knowledge of rural public, skill-understanding in working and attitude, so as to bring permanent improvement in their life-style or living standard.
● In India, the credit goes to Dr. M.S. Swaminathan and in the world to Nobel-laurate Dr. N. E. Borlaug for ‘Green Revolution.’
● In India, First Five Year Plan was started in 1951.
● RAWE Programme (Rural Awareness Work Experience) for Agriculture 10 students/villages in a districts-problem solving and crop demo on farmers field.
● Farmer’s Helpline (toll free)—1551 by Govt. of India—Kisan Call Centres—144 at 28 locations (6 am-10 pm)
● ‘Sewa Gram’ was established by Mahatma Gandhi, that was the starting / initial Centre of Independence Fight from 1936 – 42. On this place, Mahatma Gandhi called Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and gave a slogan ‘Do & Die’. In agriculture extension, there is a reference of this ‘Sewa Gram’, located at Wardha in Maharashtra.
● ‘King Baudouin Award-2004’ is related to research conducted and development efforts made under partnership in ‘Rice-Wheat’ consortium lead to International recognition.
● ICAR Telephone Directory—(For the year 2004 and 2005) Compiled, edited and computerized by ARIC Agricultural Research Information Centre.
● Electronic Publication by ARIC—Broughtout 5 CDS—Inventory of Indigenous Technology Knowledge (ITK)—Document 1, 2, 2 (Supplement 1), Validation of ‘ITK’ in Agriculture-Document 3, and NARD CD (2002-2003) covers Abstracts of articles published in Agricultural Periodicals in India.
● Father of Community Development Programme in India—Dr. S.K. Dubey, founded Nilokheri Exptl. Design (Haryana) in 1952. Meaning in one Sentence
● Grow More Food Campaign—In earlier era from Independence, this campaign was started to produce more foodgrains (Cereals).
● Group Contact—Group discussion (or talks) on a plateform like, Chaupal, Khalihan etc. places, among the people sit-together.
● Public Contact—Extension of informations in rural melas (Fairs), so that early message may be sent to most-concern persons.
● Visual Aids—These are concerning generally with posters, charts, flesh cards, black-board etc.
● Audio Visual Aids—The accessory / material (seen & hear both) used by a extension worker for explaining to rural people, is called audio-visual aid like-Television (T.V.).
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-44
- Important Agriculture One Liner For Competitive Exam
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-32
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-39
- Environmental Science and Ecology One Liner For Competitive exam