Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner
● The Head Quarter (H.Q.) of ICGEB—International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Bio-Technology is located at Italy ; with its Sub-Head Quarter at New Delhi.
● Short Name (Abbreviation)—
HIV : Human Immuno-deficiency Virus
HBV : Hepatitis B-virus
IPM : Integrated Pest Management
NPV : Nuclear Polyhydrosis Virus
HPT : Hygro-mycin Phospho Transferase
GFP : Green-House (Green) Floroscence Protein
GST : Glutethian S. Transferase
GT : Glanjma Thrombosthemia(Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
CIMAP : Central Institute of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Lucknow
TBGRI : Tropical Botanical Garden & Research Institute, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. RSI : System of Rice Intensification.
HFT : Horizontal Flushing Technique.
● Virology—That branch of Science, which deals with study of viruses. The research work is being carried-out at the ICGEB, New Delhi, on haptisis & Aids. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● For the specific area of research work of Agro-Bio-Technology is at Assam Agriculture University Jorhat and Kerala Agric. University Thrissur (old name Trichur), Kerala.
● The work on Aqua-Agriculture is being carried-out at Central (Fresh water) Aqua Agriculture Institute, Bhuvaneshwar (Orissa).
● The research work on Environment and AgroBio-Technology is being carried-out at B.H.U. Varanasi (U.P.) and on Environment BioTechnology at National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur (Maharashtra).
● Lal Bahadur Shastri Bio-Technology Centre is situated at IARI, New Delhi.(Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● TNAU (Tamil Nadu Agric. University) Coimbatore is on front line (pioneer) in the field of Plant Molecular Biology.
● At PAU (Punjab Agriculture University), Ludhiana, F3 progenes have been identified for Karnal bunt, Nematode, Strip diseases in wheat, so that resistant genes can be prepared.
● The species of Blue Green Algae (BGA) in rice crop (field) are found; Nostoc, Cylindrospermum, Wastiya, Lopsis, Hepelociyon etc. Nearly 120 species of algae have been identified and their genes are; Ocilatoria, Lingbia, Aphnothecy etc., that fixes nitrogen (N) through fixation. In rice, application of algae increased the rice yield by 25-32%, as reported by several experimental evidences. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● Bio-Pesticides—For Controlling the insectpests in crops, several bio-pesticides have been developed. Their use in brinjal, Okra, tomato, pigeonpea, mustard etc. is quite obvious for pest-control, e.g. the bio-products of Neem (Azadirachta indica), Pongamia, Jetropha, Ipomea, Tulsi etc.
● In Medicinal Plants; Mint (Mentha arvensis), Asthwagandha, Isabgol (Plantago ovata), Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum), Belladona (Atropa belladonna), Senna (Cassia angustifolia), Sarpgandha (Rauwolfia– Rauwolfia serpentina), etc. are the major medicinal plants.
● In silk production, silk moths are reared on mulberry plants/or on plant leaves, which is called ‘Moriculture’.
● For mushroom cultivation; Dr. M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai (T.N.), Community Agro-Bio-Diversity Centre, Puthuvaya (Kerala), IIT-New Delhi; and National Mushroom Research & Training Centre, Solan (H.P.) are some of the research Centres.(Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
- General Agricuture One Liner For Competitive exam-41
- Genetics One Liner For Competitive exam-1
- Agricultural Extension One Liner For Competitive exam-1
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-37
- Soil Science One Liner For Competitive exam-2