Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner
● National Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Research Centre is situated at Anand (Gujarat).
● National Plant Bio-Technology Research Centre, at IARI New Delhi; and National Aqua-Technology Research Centre, Bhuvaneshwar (Orissa) are working in their respective research fields.
● Bio-Control has been found successful in Cotton, Groundnut, Okra (Lady’s finger), pulses and other vegetables due to spraying of NPV of Helicoverpa armigera and Pseudoptera litura.
● In IPM (Integrated Pest Management), Trichoderma cloneese (Parasite), Crysoperla carnia) (Predator) and NPV have given good performance in pigeonpea and cotton.
● Remote Sensing—The utility of ‘remote sensing’ is increasing day-by-day in agriculture; wherein ready for fast information can be collected with the help of information collection resources or means (Sensing, Plateform, Aeroplane system etc.). In this fast collection system, mapping, air and water pollution survey related work, aerial maps though aeroplanes/satellite is possible. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● In ‘Bio-Technology’, the group of techniques of genetic manipulation of living organisms at cellular and molecular level is included.
● From 1990’s decade, private sector (NGO’s) has started to expense on ‘Agro-Bio-Technology’ research work and going forward through R & D (Research & Demonstration) up to the fields / or users say; farmers.
● In whole world, since 1999, the transgenic plants are being raised on around 28 million hectare area/land; and assuming that in next 5 years, those would be doubled.
● In the field of ‘Plant Genetic Engineering’, the first success has been obtained by producing such types of seeds/or plants on which the pests would not attack and the use of pesticides can be reduced; and the genes (Bt) separated from bacterium Bacillus thuringensis have the capacity of synthesizing of insecticidal protein. Now, Bt-cotton, maize and other crops are being grown from commercial points of view; that require very less pesticides. Thus, the pressure/load of chemicals in atmosphere, which is increasing, will reduce.(Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● Through ‘Agro-Bio-Technology’, the help is possible in breaking yield barriers, pesticides reductions, quality improvement, cleaner environments etc.
● In U.S.A. (United States of America), there was a estimation to reduce the quantity of pesticides upto/or more than 90,00,000 kg through the Bt-Cotton; and so also in 3 years (1996-98), a success has been obtained in reducing the pesticides use upto 3·8 million litre.
● On Central Cotton Research Institute (CCRI) Nagpur (Maha.), the research work is being carried-out for the development of new varieties through Bt-genes in Cotton; so as to avoid pests/diseases in Cotton.
● In Cuba, Chile, Argentina and Brazil, through the use of agro-bacterium—a Gene Shuttle, 16 transgenic lines have been prepared; where in, each has two gene pairs; those are resistant against several virus, fungal and bacterial diseases. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● In Brazil and Chile, there has been developed the resistanceness in transgenic lines against severe pathogen (Erwinia Bacterium) of potato; that has the properties of anti-microbial proteins like—Lysozymes and Attacin.
● With the joints afforts of International Laboratory for Tropical Agriculture & Biotechnology St. Louis; Centre for International Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) Cali, Columbia and Cassava Bio-Technology Net work; the Cassava plants have been made resistant against African Cassava Mosaic Virus, through which, the yield of Cassava has increased 10 times.
● There has a good research work in ‘biotechnology’ on banana to combat against the dangerous fungal disease—‘Mycosphaerella Fiziensis’ at Catholic University, Leaven, Belgium.
● For improving the quality of food-products, there is a need of ‘Bio-technology’ research, so as to solve the existing malnutrition problem, present (especially) in India. For balance nutrition to human, there is a need of macronutrients—carbohydrates, lipids, protein etc. and micro-nutrients (Organic or Inorganic compounds, 17 minerals and 13 Vitamins). (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● In ‘Genetic Engineering’, with the help of ‘Antisence Technology’, modified oil (Fatty acidase composition) can be made available to human health. From the year 1995, in the composition of seed, of (for the first time) transgenic crop-Rape-seed/mustard, lauric acid has been changed, that has helped to manufacture in Novel seed oils/or in seeds proteinous varieties.
● Surely, the new directions would be made available through the change in quantity and quality of protein in the field of ‘Genetic Engineering’, that would be the boon to the country like India, where most people are vegetarian. At IARI, New Delhi, the research work on gram, lathyrus and mustard is being carried-out. Some of the lathyrus lines have been developed having low in ‘neurotoxin’ level; that indicates the power of ‘Biotechnology’, so that the crop quality can be improved, the human diseases like-paralysis and ‘goitre’ diseases are appeared; a major problem in Bihar and Madhya Pradesh. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
● In United States of America, through ‘Genetic Engineering’, by increasing ‘Beta carotene’ element in oil of rape-seed-mustard, Vit-‘A’ has also been increased. ‘Colour Blindness’ disease in human-being is appeared due to the deficiency of ‘Vit-A’ and through this research, it is possible to overcome this problem.
● The work of cleaner Environment is possible through Genetically Engineered Plants; this would improve the environmental pollution, by reducing the load of pesticides and also will reduce toxic elements, besides land improvement and cost effective technology. (Agro-Bio-Technology One Liner)
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-43
- Agriculture One Liner For Competitive Exam
- Irrigatio+————–n Water Management One Liner For Competitive exam
- Basic Horticulture One Liner For Competitive exam
- Watershed Management & Dryland Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam