Attracting and Retaining Youth in Agriculture (ARYA)
Realizing the importance of rural youth in agricultural development especially from the point of view of food security of the country, ICAR has initiated a programme in 2015 on “Attracting and Retaining Youth in Agriculture”.
The objectives of ARYA project are:
1. To attract and empower the Youth in Rural Areas to take up various Agriculture, allied and service sector enterprises for sustainable income and gainful employment in selected districts,
2. To enable the Farm Youth to establish network groups to take up resource and capital intensive activities like processing, value addition and marketing, and
3. To demonstrate functional linkage with different institutions and stakeholders for convergence of opportunities available under various schemes/program for sustainable development of youth.
ARYA project will be implemented in 25 States through KVKs (Krishi Vigyan Kendras), one district from each State.
In one district, 200-300 rural youths will be identified for their skill development in entrepreneurial activities and establishment of related micro-enterprise units in the area of Apiary, Mushroom, Seed Processing, Soil testing, Poultry, Dairy, Goatry, Carp-hatchery, Vermi-compost etc., KVKs will involve the Agricultural Universities and ICAR Institutes as Technology Partners.
At KVKs also one or two enterprise units will be established so that they serve as entrepreneurial training units for farmers.
The purpose is to establish economic models for youth in the villages so that youths get attracted in agriculture and overall rural situation is improved.
- Sustainable Agriculture-An Introduction
- Important Government Schemes & Programmes in Agriculture
- Agriculture research centers in India
- Basics of Bulb,Tuber and Leafy vegetable
- Apomixis – classification and significance in plant breeding
- Agriculture Related Terms For Competitive Examination Part-2
- National Agriculture Market (NAM)
- Balance diet and factor effecting balance diet
- Agriculture Current Affairs March 2018