▪The term virtual water was first defined in 1998.
▪It is the volume of water required for making a product and the water used in the production chain.
▪ Virtual water is comprised of 3 different components:
- Green water
- Blue water
- Grey water
▪Different kinds of ‘coloured water’ (green, blue, grey and black-which is not virtual water) are classified based on where they are found in nature or the level of contamination of wastewater.
▪Green water is the soil moisture from precipitation, used by plants via transpiration.
▪It is part of the evapotranspiration flux in the hydrologic cycle.
▪Blue water is the freshwater: surface and groundwater.
▪It is stored in lakes, streams groundwater, glaciers and snow.
▪Grey water is polluted water which was not in contact with faecal matter .
▪Grey water is the product water of domestic activities: bathing, laundry and dishwashing or polluted water due to pesticides in agriculture and nutrients from fertilizers. agrilearner
▪It can be recycled and reused, not for drinking, but for irrigation. Since it was not in contact with human waste, it can be used for watering crops and other plants and is safely reabsorbed into the ground.
▪Grey water contains soap and fat particles, even hair. If the chemicals Agrilearner content is not too high, majority of plants are able to handle it. However, if grey water is to be used for irrigation it is highly advised that what goes down the drain is heavily regulated.
MORE PDF TO DOWNLOAD :-
- Agro Meterology PDF Notes Download
- Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility & Nutrient Management Pdf Book Download
- Weed Management Pdf Book Download
- Discount 80% IBPS SO Agriculutral Officer previous year solved papers 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017 (6 years)
- Agronomy Notes Pdf Download
- Integrated Water Management Pdf Notes Download
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download
- PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY) Pdf Download
- Principles of Horticulture and Production Technology of fruit Crops
- ANIMAL HUSBANDRY FOR COMPETITIVE EXAM PDF DOWNLOAD
PLEASE SUPPORT US ON SOCIAL SITES
CONNECT US ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER:-CLICK TO CONNECT
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR REGULAR UPDATES:- CLICK TO FOLLOW
FOLLOW OUR TELEGRAM CHENNEL:-CLICK TO FOLLOW
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST:-CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE