Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India
What is it?
• It is a sub-scheme of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY).
• It is being implemented in seven eastern states namely Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and eastern Uttar Pradesh from 2010-2011.
Aim: Address the constraints limiting the productivity of rice-based cropping systems.
• To increase production & productivity of rice and wheat by adopting latest crop production technologies.
• To promote cultivation in rice fallow areas to increase cropping intensity and income of the farmers.
• To create water harvesting structures and efficient utilization of water potential. • To promote post-harvest technology and marketing support.
- Important Government Schemes & Programmes in Agriculture
- Which is the largest cotton growing State in India?
- Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- Introduction to Forest in India
- Agricultural Current Affairs November-2018