Q1. Verticle farming mostly implemented for?
Q.2.Slop for machenical measures of soil conservation?
Ans.2%(more than 2%).
Q.3.Slop for counter farming?
Q.4.what is depth for sub. Soilling?
Ans.30 -60 cm (breaking of … Continue reading →
Agriculture Current Affairs March 2019
1. ICAR, CSIR to work together in field of food, agriculture
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) have agreed to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture
Its Relevance … Continue reading →
Seed treatment in important crops
1) Sorghum: Thirum or 300 mesh sulphur: Seed is coated in seed dressing drum or earthen pot @ 3.4 g/kg seed against smut disease.
2) Bajara: Brine solution treatment is given @ 20% against eat got and to discard light & diseased seed.
3) Paddy: Seed is … Continue reading →
Varieties & Improved Soil Testing Meter Released by IARI
During 2018-19 the institute released a rice variety named *Pusa Sambha 1850* for Chhattisgarh and Odisha. This is a high yielding, non-basmati medium slender grain variety with resistance to blast disease.
🌟The institute is … Continue reading →
Types of insect antennae
1. Setaceous (Bristle-like): Size of the segments decreases from the base to apex e.g. cockroach.
2. Filiform (Thread-like): Segments are usually cylindrical in shape. Thickness of segments remains same throughout e.g. Grass hopper.
3. Moniliform (Beaded): Segments … Continue reading →