Integrated cattle and fish farming is an ideal method for assured fish production in small
ponds (<0.1 ha). In this technology, the fish crop is raised using the cattle on the pond embankment
or any other suitable site of the farm.
Cattle shed :
- The cow shed should be constructed at a stable and elevated site allowing direct sunlight to the
platform, gutters and mangers of the cattle shed.
- The floor should be concrete and should be slightly inclined leading a drain which is connected
to a soak pit. A covered pit may be constructed nearby to store cow dung.
- For the cattle shed, thatch is the best rooting material but asbestos can also be used.
- Provisions for floor space should be made for suckling calf, older calf and cow. Floor space
requirements are as follows :-
Cross bred cow
Standing space :1.2 × 1.2 m2 per animal.
Length : 0.6 m per animal
Width : 0.6 m per animal
Depth : 30 cm .
Width : 20- 30 cm
Depth :2.5 cm with provision of gradient towards main dra in.
Pen size :
Cover area: 1 × 1 m2 per calf
Open area : 2 × 1 m2 per calf
Pen size :
Cover area: 2 × 1 m2 per calf
Open area: 2 × 2 m2 per calf
For 0.1 ha water area, one cow with a calf is sufficient. The cow should be brought about two
months earlier to introducing fish into the pond.
2. Fish Farming :
- The practices to be followed are similar to that of integrated pig- fish farming system.
- In the pond, no chemical fertilization is required.
- Cow should be brought to the shed about 2 months prior to stocking of pond with fish seed.
- Cow urine is led to soak pit and cow dung is allowed to fall in the pond water. However, initially cow dung is cast all over the pond before stocking the pond with fish seed. No feed except green fodder required for Grass carp is applied into the pond.
Fish : 3500 kg/ ha
Milk : 24000 litres.
Calf : 10 nos./ ha.
MORE PDF TO DOWNLOAD :-
- Agro Meterology PDF Notes Download
- Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility & Nutrient Management Pdf Book Download
- Weed Management Pdf Book Download
- Discount 80% IBPS SO Agriculutral Officer previous year solved papers 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017 (6 years)
- Agronomy Notes Pdf Download
- Integrated Water Management Pdf Notes Download
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download
- PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY) Pdf Download
- Principles of Horticulture and Production Technology of fruit Crops
- MANURES , FERTILIZERS AND AGRICULTURAL CHEMICALS PDF DOWNLOAD
PLEASE SUPPORT US ON SOCIAL SITES
CONNECT US ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER:-CLICK TO CONNECT
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR REGULAR UPDATES:- CLICK TO FOLLOW
FOLLOW OUR TELEGRAM CHENNEL:-CLICK TO FOLLOW
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST:-CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE