1. 1st Hybrid variety of sorghum?
Ans. CSH-1 (released in 1965).
2. 1st Intergeneric hybrid was ?
Ans. Raphino brassica (Radish x Cabbage).
3. 2, 4-D belongs to the chemical group ?
Ans. Chloro phenoxy compound.
4. 2, 4-D, Simazine, Atrazine and Fluchloralin belongs to the selectivity group ?
Ans. Selective herbicides.
5. 2,4-D controls only ?
Ans. Broadleaf weeds.
6. Fungicides like PMA & Atrazine at low concentration act as which type of antitranspirants ?
Ans. Stomatal closing.
7. -40°C is equal to ?
8. 70s type ribosome is found in ?
Ans. Mitochondria and Chloroplast.
9. 75% of rainfall is received by ?
Ans. S-W monsoon period (June-Sept).
10. 80 per cent phosphorus in bajra grains stored in the form of ?
11. A + B horizon is called ?
12. A bacterium used in genetic engineering ?
Ans. E-coli (Agrobacterium tumefaciens).
13. A belt of trees and or shrubs maintained for the purpose of shelter from wind, sun, snow drift, etc. ?
14. A biochemical process or reaction taking place in a test tube (in lab) ?
Ans. In vitro.
15. A biological indicator plant of Molybdenum deficiency ?
16. A branch of agricultural science which deals with principles and practices of soil, water and crop management ?
17. A building with glass walls and roof for the cultivation and exhibition of plants under controlled conditions is known as ?
18. A cabbage disease which is known to be more severe in acidic soils is ?
Ans. Black rot.
19. A central feature of a garden provides ?
Ans. Focal Point.
20. A certain part of energy received from the sun, is reflected back to space by the earth known as ?
- Basics of Silviculture
- Agriculture History of India
- Silvicultural System of Concentrated Regeneration
- Coppice System of Silviculture
- Branches of Horticulture