1. Soil pH is a measure of –>Soil acidity
2. Solonchak soil corresponds to –>Saline soil
3. Terai soils are deficient in –>Zinc (Agriculture One Liner)
4. Crop most suitable for green manuring –>sunhemp
5. Best agricultural texture is found in –>Loamy soils
6. Father of soil testing –>M.L Troug
7. Element responsible for flocculation of soil –>Calcium
8. Clay particle size –> <0.002mm
9. Kaolinite configuration is –> 1:1 type
10. Sesquioxides are oxides of –>Iron and aluminium
11. Natural soil aggregates are –>Peds (Agriculture One Liner)
14. Cultivated soils have C:N ratio of –>10:1 to 12:1
15. Soil occurring highest in India –>alluvial soils
16. Partially decomposed organic matter –>Peat
17. Highly decomposed organic matter –>Muck soil
18. Father of pedology –> V V Dokuchaev
19. Most widely occurring clay mineral –>Kaolinite
20. Ballast elements are –>Al and Si (Agriculture One Liner)
21. Exchange of gases in soil takes place due to –>diffusion
22. Turnip is the biennial plant and comes from the family brassicaceae
23. Zero tillage was first introduced by –>USA
24. The metamorphic rock Quartz is derived from –>Sand stone
25. O horizon is found only in –>Forest soils
26. Zone of maximum leaching–>A horizon (Agriculture One Liner)
27. Zone of maximum accumulation –> B horizon / illuvial horizon
28. Zone of least weathering and desiccation –> C horizon
29. Most suitable soil for crop cultivation –> Crumbly soil
30. Analysis of sand , silt and clay content is done by –> Hydrometric method
31. Instrument used to measure Density of soil –> Pycnometer
32. For soil to exhibit plasticity –> minimum clay content of 15 %
33. Purity of color is given by –> Chroma. (Agriculture One Liner)
34. Soil color is given by –> Munsell color chart.
36. Black cotton soil or –> Regur.
37. Limited expansion clay mineral –> vermiculite
38. Soil having no zonal differentiation–> Alluvial soil
39. Soil most suitable for plantation crops–> Laterite soils
40. Highest removal of soil particles take place by –> Sheet erosion.
41. For Nitrogen a C:N ratio <20:1 –> Mineralization
42. Recommended ratio for wheat+mustard intercropping is–> 9:1
42. Fertilizer having all three primary major nutrients –> Complete fertilizer.
43. Conversion of soil nitrate into gaseous nitrogen –>Denitrification
44. Rhizosphere is found –>around the root zone
45. Red color of red soil –>ferric oxide. (Agriculture One Liner)
46. A and B horizons together are known as–> Solum
47. Maximum density of water –> 4 degree Celsius
48. In paddy, fertilizer should be placed at –> reduced zone
49. Secondary nutrients are–> calcium, Magnesium and sulphur.
50. Puddling in paddy is done to–> reduce percolation of water in soil
51. Availability of phosphorus is highest at pH of–> 6.5 – 7.5.
52. Availability of Zn and fe is highest under pH–> <5.5.
53. Alkali soil reclamation is done by –> Using Pyrites /gypsum
54. Simplest method of determination of soil moisture –> Gravimetric method
55. Bulk density of soils is highest in –> Sandy soil
56. Most prevalent form of soil erosion –> Saltation (Agriculture One Liner)
57. Largest soil order in India –> Inceptisols.
58. Problem soils are highest in –> Uttar Pradesh
59. Which clay increase water retention in soil –> 2:1 type clays
60. Which condition is most suitable for soils –> Lower Bulk density
61. True density is also known as –> True density normal soils –> 2.5gm/cm3
62. Free energy of water is expressed in terms of – > pF value (Agriculture One Liner)
- Contingency cropping Point Wise Notes for Competitive Exam
- Soil Conservation Point Wise Notes for Competitive exam
- Crop Physiology Point Wise Notes For Competitive exam
- Weed Management Point Wise Notes For Competitive Exam 2
- Crop Physiology-3 Point Wise Notes For Competitive exam