● New Varieties of Important Commercial flowers
Marigold (Tagetes erecta)—Bolero, Butter Scoch, Brown Scout, Goldy, Golden Jam, Lemon Jam, Hybrid Climax, Red Glo, Pumila (dwarf), Honour, Red Head and Red Pigmi etc.
Guldavadi (Chrysanthemum Spp.)—
(1) White Flowers—Jotsna, Sharad Sona, Mercury, Birbal Sahni and Himani;
(2) Yellow Flowers—Aparna, Sharad Shrangar and Kundan Topaj;
(3) Red Flowers—Jaya, Jam and Garnet;
(4) Hybrids—Akash, Ravi Kiran, Yellow Star, Chandra Kanta, Swarn Shrangar, & Rajat Rekha;
(5) Other Varieties—Basanti, Pusa Narangi. Carnation—Arthur Sim, Scania, Aspana, Pameer, Red Corso, Sems Pride and Scarlet Aligans.
(i) Jasmine grandiflorum—CO-1 Pichy
(ii) Jasmine Auriculatum—Perimullai and CO-1 mullai.
Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa)—
In three types—Single, Mid and Double;
Varieties– Light Pink Prize, Rajat Rekha and Swarn Rekha.
China Aster—Kamini, Poornima, Shashank and Violet Cushion.
Bougainvillea—Archna, Arjun, Begum Sikander, Chitra, Mary Palmer Special, Nirmal, Parthasharthi, Surekha, Sweta and Wazid Ali Shah.
Gladiolus—Carmine, Dhanvantari, Happy End, Hunting, Soung, Mayur, Najrana, Oscar, Poonam, Sapana, Shakti, Suchitra, Yellow stone, White Prosperity and Friendship.
Hibiscus—Ekta, Anuradha, Anurodaya, Ashirbad, Basant, Bharat Sundari, Chitralekha, Dilruba, Geetanjalli, Jagan, Neelofer, Pakeeja, Phulkari, Priya, Queen of Hessarghatta, Ratna, Shanti, Smt. Indira Gandhi, Smt. Kamla Nehru, Tribal Queen—All these varieties have been developed by IIHR, Bangalore.
Galardia (Seasonal & Perennial)—Single Indian Chief, Tretafeasta, Double Laurengiana, Regalis, Sanguintha (Summer season flower).
Rose—Pusa Gaurav (developed by IARI)
Aromatic Plants— * Khus (Vetiver–Vetiveria zizanioides)— Sugandha, KS-1 and KS-2.
* Palmarosa (Rosagrass/Rosaghas– Cymbopogon martinni)—Motia, Trashna, PRC-1.
* Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) —LS-48, Clone-29.
- General Horticulture One Liner For Competitive exam-1
- General Horticulture One Liner For Competitive exam-4
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive Exam
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-52
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-39