GRAMIN AGRICULTURE MARKETS (GrAMs)
Launch Year: 2018
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Aim: To develop the retail market in the agriculture marketing sector.
What are GrAMs?
• These are defined as: “Retail agricultural markets in close proximity of the farm gate, that promote and service a more efficient transaction of the farmers’ produce across the agricultural sub-sectors, by enabling both direct sale, between the producer and consumer, and aggregation of small produce-lots for subsequent transaction, both of which can occur either physically or online”
Announcement in Union Budget 2018-19:
• Develop and upgrade existing 22,000 rural haats into Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs).
• Physical infrastructure to be strengthened using MGNREGS and other Government Schemes.
• Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to be used for strengthening road linkages from habitations to GrAMs.
• GrAMs will be linked to e-NAM.
• GrAMs will be outside the APMC Act regulation.
- Biomass : New sources of energy
- National Agriculture Market (NAM)
- Percentage of Nutrients In Manure And Compost
- Agriculture One Liner For Competitive Exam
- General Agriculture One Liner for competitive exam