Importance, scope & objectives of Extension Education
- Extension uses democratic methods in educating the farmers.
- Extension Helps in adoption of innovations.
- Extension helps in studying and solving the rural problems.
- Extension increases farm yields and improve the standard of living of farmers
- Extension makes good communities better and progressive.
- Extension contributes to national development programmes
It includes all activities of rural development. So extension programmes should be dynamic and flexible. The areas indicating scope of Extension are listed below:
- Increasing efficiency in agricultural production.
- Increasing efficiency in marketing, distribution and utilization of agricultural inputs and outputs
- Conservation, development and use of natural resources.
- Proper farm and home management
- Better family living.
- Youth development.
- Leadership development.
- Community and rural development.
- Improving public affairs for all round development.
- To raise the standard of living of the rural people by helping them in right use of their resources.
- To help in planning and implementing the family and village plans for increasing production in various occupations.
- To provide facilities for better family living.
- To provide knowledge and help for better management of farms and increase incomes.
- To encourage the farmers to grow his own food, eat well and live well.
- To promote better social, natural recreational intellectual and spiritual file among the people.
- To help rural families in better appreciation of SWOT in the village.
- To open new opportunities for developing talents and leadership of rural people.
- To build rural citizens who are:
- Proud of their occupation
- Independent in thinking.
- Constructive in outlook.
- capable, efficient and self-reliant in character
- having love of home and country m their heart