Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries:
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
What is it?
• It is a Central Sector Scheme on Blue Revolution that was launched in 2015.
• It is an umbrella scheme for a period of five years.
Focused and integrated approach for development and management of fisheries and aquaculture sector to ensure a sustained annual growth rate of 6% – 8%.
Fishermen, fish farmers, fisheries entrepreneurs, fish retailers, wholesalers, fish processors and fish exporters. Special focus on economically weaker sections such as Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Women and their co-operatives to take up fishing and fisheries related activities.
• To increase the overall fish production in a responsible and sustainable manner for economic prosperity.
• To modernize the fisheries with special focus on new technologies.
• To ensure food and nutritional security.
• To generate employment and export earnings.
• To ensure inclusive development and empower fishers and aquaculture farmers.
It is being implemented in all the States including North East States and Union Territories.
• National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) and its activities
• Development of Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture
• Development of Marine Fisheries, Infrastructure and Post-Harvest Operations
• Strengthening of Database & Geographical Information System of the Fisheries Sector
• Institutional Arrangement for Fisheries Sector
• Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) and other need-based Interventions
• National Scheme of Welfare of Fishermen
- Regeneration of Forest
- Pests of Wheat and Barley
- Basics of Plant Physiology for Competitive Exam
- Percentage of Nutrients In Manure And Compost
- Utilisation of Catches,Research,Future needs,Economic role,Development Prospects of Fishery