Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan (KUSUM) Scheme
Launch Year: 2019
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of New & Renewable Energy
• To provide financial and water security to farmers.
• To add a solar capacity of 25,750 MW by 2022.
This scheme has three components –
1) 10,000 MW of Decentralised Ground Mounted Grid Connected Renewable Power Plants
• Under this component, Renewable power plants of capacity 500 KW to 2 MW will be setup by individual farmers, cooperatives, panchayats or farmer producer organizations (FPO) on their lands.
• The power generated will be purchased by the DISCOMs in tariffs determined by respective State Electricity Regulatory Commissions (SERC).
• The scheme will open a continuous source of income to the rural land owners.
• The DISCOMs will be provided with the Performance Based Incentives of Rs. 0.40 per unit for five years.
2) Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps
• Under this component, individual farmers will be supported to install standalone solar pumps of capacity up to 7.5 HP.
• The Solar Photovoltaic capacity in kW equal to the pump capacity in Horsepower (HP) is allowed.
3) Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid-connected Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps
• Under this component, individual farmers will be supported to solarise pumps of capacity up to 7.5 HP.
• Solar Photovoltaic capacity up to two times of pump capacity in kW is allowed under the scheme.
• The farmer will be able to use the generated energy to meet the irrigation needs and the excess available energy will be sold to DISCOM.
• This will help to create an avenue for extra income to the farmers.
- Agricultural Census Scheme
- Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS)
- Latest Government Schemes – Atal Bhoojal Yojana
- Fish Production and Consumption
- Integrated Scheme for Agricultural Marketing (ISAM)