Atal Bhoojal Yojana
The Government of India is going to launch a Water Conservation scheme- Atal Bhoojal Yojana.
Name of the scheme– Atal Bhoojal Yojana
Expenditure of the scheme– Rs.6,000 crores With the help of World Bank
Ministry-Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
The Government of India is going to launch a Water Conservation scheme known as Atal Bhoojal Yojana.
The main objective of the scheme is to recharge groundwater and create sufficient water storage for
agricultural purposes. The revival of surface water bodies so that groundwater level can be increased. The
Atal Bhujal Yojana will be launched in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh
and Madhya Pradesh covering 78 districts, 193 blocks and more than 8,300-gram panchayats.
Total expenditure for the scheme is Rs. 6,000 cr. The fund of 6000 cr will be raised by the- Ministry of
Finance and the & World Bank. Half of the total cost of this central scheme will be supported by the World
Bank as the loan while the remaining half (Rs 3,000 crore) will be funded by the government.
Why The Scheme Is Required? The last assessment report of the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)
shows that 1,034 of 6584 assessed blocks in the country are over-exploited (usually referred to as ‘dark
zones’). It means in 1,034 blocks in India annual groundwater consumption is more than the annual
Besides, 934 blocks fall in different stages of criticality due to depletion without a recharge. According to the report of the Central Ground Water Board, the overexploited units are mostly concentrated in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, western Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu. The CGWB report shows that Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Delhi are worst among them.
Benefits of The Scheme:
By the implementation of this scheme, groundwater will recharge consequently increasing the level of groundwater. This scheme will also revive the water bodies like rivers so that the level of groundwater can be increased especially in the rural areas.
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download
- Integrated Water Management Pdf Notes Download
- Important Days in Agriculture & Allied Sciences for IBPS,SBI,NABARD,IRMA And Other Competitive Exams
- General Agriculture 2017-18 For Agriculture Competitive Exams IBPS,NABARD,IRMA,JRF,ARS,SRF
- Schemes of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Different Soil Horizons Present in the Soil
- Agriculture and Rural Development Pdf for NABARD, JRF, SRF, ARS, SET, Phd, ASRB, IRMA, UPSC, Cooperative Bank
- All About Global Competitiveness report
- Basics Of Agriculture Pdf Download Important For NABARD,IRMA,IBPS SO,JRF,SRF,ARS & Other Competitive Exams