LAYOUT OF POULTRY FARM
=>A small size poultry farm doesn’t require any special layout as it involves construction of only one house.
=> The medium and large size farms require special considerations for placement of building in the farm premises.
=>The basic principles to be observed for layout are,
- Layout should not allow visitors or outside vehicles near the birds.
- The sheds should be so located that the fresh air first passes through the brooder shed,followed by grower and layer sheds. This will prevent the spread of diseases from layer houses to brooder house.
- There should be a minimum distance of 50-100 feet between chick and grower shed and the distance between grower and layer sheds should be of minimum 100 metre.
- The egg store room,office room and the feed store room should be located near entrance to minimize the movement of people around the poultry sheds.
- The disposal pit and sickroom should be constructed only at the extreme end of the site.
PLEASE SUPPORT US ON SOCIAL SITES
CONNECT US ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER:-CLICK TO CONNECT
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR REGULAR UPDATES:- CLICK TO FOLLOW
FOLLOW OUR TELEGRAM CHENNEL:-CLICK TO FOLLOW
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST:-CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE