Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav (My Village – My Pride) Scheme
Launch Year: 2015
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Implementation: All the ICAR Institutes and State Agricultural Universities including Horticulture, Home Science, Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary, Animal Sciences and Fisheries Universities located in the country
• To promote the direct interface of scientists with the farmers to hasten the lab to land process.
• To ensure that farmers benefit from best farm practices by providing required information, knowledge and advisories on regular basis by adopting villages
• To create awareness among farmers about the organisations and their programmes and schemes as well as government policies related to the farming sector.
• To imbibe a sense of ownership among the agricultural scientists of the country.
Process and Mechanism:
• Groups of four scientists who will adopt 5 villages within a radius of 50-100 km from their place of working.
• Scientists will select villages as per their convenience and will remain in touch with the selected villages and provide information to the farmers on technical and other related aspects.
• The scientists are also expected to monitor the process of adoption of agricultural technologies by the farmers.
• The cooperation of KVKs will be effective in demonstration of technologies to the farmers.
- Crop Protection One liner For Competitive exam
- some important mcqs about agriculture
- Basics of Plant Physiology for Competitive Exam
- Schemes for Soil Health Management