Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER):
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
What is it?
It is a Central Sector Scheme, a sub-mission under National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). It is being implemented in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Development of certified organic production in a value chain mode to link growers with consumers.
• To install dedicated institutional systems at centre and NE states for development and promotion of organic farming.
• To create at least one to two replicable end-to-end organic value chain models in each of the states.
• To convert subsistence farming to commercial organic farming.
• To make Northeastern states as major suppliers of organic commodities for national and international markets.
• To develop NER products as brands/labels through brand building and facilitating stronger marketing access under the ownership of growers organizations/ companies.
- Livestock Resources In Detail
- SOIL WATER & ABSORPTION OF WATER BY PLANTS
- Fact About Potato
- Revenue Insurance Scheme for Plantation Crops (RISPC)
- Essential Amino Acids And Their Role In Human Body