National Bamboo Mission
The restructured National Bamboo Mission (NBM) has been launched in April, 2018
Total outlay of Rs.1290 cr.for 2 year i.e. till the end of 14th Finance Commission.
Budget Estimate for the Year 2018-19 is Rs.300.00 cr.
The scheme aims to supplement farm income of farmers with focus on the development of complete value chain of bamboo sector to link growers with consumers.
Major objectives of the Mission are:
1. To increase the area under bamboo plantation in non forest Government and private lands to supplement farm income and contribute towards resilience to climate change as well as availability of quality raw material requirement of industries.
2. To improve post-harvest management through establishment of innovative primary processing units near the source of production, primary treatment and seasoning plants, preservation technologies and market infrastructure.
3. To promote product development keeping in view market demand, by assisting R&D, entrepreneurship & business models at micro small and medium levels and feed bigger industry.
4. To rejuvenate the under developed bamboo industry in India
5. To promote skill development capacity building, awareness generation for development of bamboo sector from production to market demand.
6 To re-align efforts so as to reduce dependency on import of bamboo and bamboo products by way of improved productivity and suitability of domestic raw material for industry, so as to enhance income of the primary producers.
So far 88 Bamboo Treatment Units,
464 Product Development /Processing Units,
135 infrastructure Projects for Promotion and Development of Bamboo Markets
have been approved in 16 States as per the Annual Action Plans received for 2018-19.
Year-wise details of financial assistance provided in last 3 years under erstwhile National Bamboo Mission (upto year 2017-18) & restructured National Bamboo Mission (from year 2018-19) for development of Bamboo/Bamboo Products is as under:-
Year Released :amount (Lakh Rs.)
2018-19 (as on 27.12.2018) :11105.22
Government has reduced GSTon bamboo furniture & bamboo flooring to 12%.
- Sugarcane Cultivation
- Characteristic features of Indian rainfall
- Food adultration Prevention
- Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF)
- Issues of Parali Burning
Support Us On Social Sites