National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
➢ National Food security Mission (NFSM) launched in the year- 2007.
The main objective is to increase production of Rice by 10 MT, Wheat by 8 MT and Pulses by 2 MT by the end of 11 FYP.
➢ Revised Target of NFSM during 12 FYP is to increase food grain production by 25 MT i.e., 10 Mt of Rice, 8Mt of Wheat, 4Mt of Pulses, 3Mt of Coarse cereals.
➢ NFSM at present covers 7 crops i.e., Rice, Wheat, Pulses, Coarse Cereals, Sugarcane, Cotton, Jute.
New Initiatives in NFSM: from 2018 onwards focusing on Nutri-cereals
**Breeder seed production of Nutri cereals
** Publicity of Nutri cereals
** Seed Minikits allocation free of cost to farmers
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
- Agriculture officer exam pattern Pdf Download
- Different Soil Horizons Present in the Soil
- General Agriculture MCQ FOR Competitive exam
- Agriculture Current Affairs March 2018
- Question And Answer For AFO IBPS
- Agronomy MCQ Important for competitive exam
- National Mission on Agriculture Extension and Technology (NMAET)
- National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download