Neeranchal National Watershed Project
It was started in 2016 as a new version of Integrated Watershed Management Programme.
It will be implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development over a six-year period (2016-21) and it will support the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana in hydrology and water management.
The project aims to fulfil the watershed component of the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMSKY) to reduce surface runoff of rainwater, increase groundwater levels and better water availability in rain-fed areas.
It seeks to ensure access to irrigation to every farmland (Har Khet Ko Pani) and for efficient use of water (Per Drop More Crop).
Neeranchal is primarily designed to address the following concerns:
1. Bring about institutional changes in watershed and rainfed agricultural management practices in India,
2. Build systems that ensure watershed programmes and rainfed irrigation management practices are better focussed, and more coordinated, and have quantifiable results,
3. Devise strategies for the sustainability of improved watershed. management practices in programme areas, even after the withdrawal of project support,
4. Through the watershed plus approach, support improved equity, livelihoods, and incomes through forward linkages, on a platform of inclusiveness and local participation.
It will be implemented across nine States – Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Rajasthan
The project was approved by the Union Cabinet in October 2015 with a total budget outlay of Rs.2142 crore. Of the total amount Government’s share was of Rs.1071 crore (50%) and the rest 50% of the World Bank.
- National Agriculture Market (NAM)
- Objective of Agro-forestry and Silviculture
- Isabgol cultivation
- Agricultural Current Affairs November-2018
- Importance Of Horticulture Crops
- Important Topics about India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2017 released by MoEFCC
- Anthrax and Rinder Pest- Animal Disease
- Very important term’s For Afo RBI Gr B and NABARD Gr A examination.
- Agriculture Meteorology Pdf Download Important For Competitive Exam
- Project CHAMAN