Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY):
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
What is it?
• It is an extended component of Soil Health Management (SHM) under National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA).
• It was launched in 2015.
Supporting and promoting organic farming, in turn resulting in improvement of soil health.
• Promote organic farming among rural youth/ farmers/ consumers/ traders.
• Disseminate latest technologies in organic farming.
• Utilize the services of experts from public agricultural research system in India.
• Organize a minimum of one cluster demonstration in a village.
Process and Mechanism/Components:
Model Organic Cluster Demonstrations:
• They aim at boosting/ promoting organic farming among rural youth/ farmers/ consumers/ traders by creating awareness on the latest technologies of organic farming.
• These are conducted at the farmer’s field in clusters of 20 ha or 50 acres under PKVY.
Model Organic Farm:
• It aims at demonstrating conversion of conventional land into organic farming practices in onehectare parcels.
• This is to spread the information on the latest technologies of various units of organic inputs production through exposure visits to farmers.
- Basics of Bulb,Tuber and Leafy vegetable
- Important Point of some Important Crops
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
- Soil science Important Topic For Competitive Exam
- Global Tiger Recovery Programe