Poultry – Fish Integrated Farming System
In this system, the fish crop is integrated using only poultry droppings or dip litter by rearing the poultry either directly over the pond or on the pond embankment. By adopting this technology, production of 3500 to 4000 kg fish, more than 20000 eggs and about 1250 kg (live weight) chicken meat can be obtained from a hectare of pond area in one year.
Poultry Husbandry Practices
Housing of birds :
- In integrated poultry fish farming, the birds are confined to the house entirely, with no
access to the land outside. This intensive system is of two types, viz. Battery system (Cage system)
and dip litter system.
- The dip litter system is preferred over the cage system due to higher manurial value of the built
up dip litter.
- In this system, the poultry birds are kept in pens up to 250 birds per pen on floor covered with
- For starting the dip litter system, the floor of the pen is covered with dry organic material. The
chopped straw, dry leaves, hay, saw dust etc. to a depth of about 6 inches. 0.3 to 0.4 m floor space is
required per bird.
- The dropping of the birds which fall on the litter gradually combine with the litter material due to
- When the depth of litter becomes less, more organic matter is added to maintain sufficient depth.
- In case the litter becomes damp superphosphate or lime is added to keep it dry.
- The litter is regularly stirred for aeration. In about 10-12 months, it becomes fully built up litter,
having very high manurial value.
Selection of birds :
The fowls of Rhode island, white leghorn or kuroiler are suitable for the purpose. About 500 to 600 birds (lay eggs) are required for one hectare water spread area. About eight week old chicks, after vaccination against viral diseases and providing other necessary prophylactic measures as a safeguard against epidemics are kept in poultry house near the pond.
Grower mash is provided to the farmed birds during the age of 9-20 weeks @50-70 gm/bird/ day, whereas a layer mash is provided to the birds above 20 weeks @ 80-120 gm/bird/day. The feed is provided to the birds in feed hoppers to avoid wastage. An ample supply of water is made available to all the birds at all the time.
Egg laying :
Each pen of laying birds is provided with one nest for 5-6 birds. Egg production
commences at the age of 22 weeks and then gradually decline. The birds lay from 240-250 eggs per
year. After the age of 18 month birds are disposed.
Fresh fish : 3500 to 4000 kg/ha/yr
Egg : 70000 nos./pen
Poultry meat : 1250 kg (live weight) per year.
MORE PDF TO DOWNLOAD :-
- Agro Meterology PDF Notes Download
- Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility & Nutrient Management Pdf Book Download
- Weed Management Pdf Book Download
- Discount 80% IBPS SO Agriculutral Officer previous year solved papers 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017 (6 years)
- Agronomy Notes Pdf Download
- Integrated Water Management Pdf Notes Download
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download
- PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY) Pdf Download
- Principles of Horticulture and Production Technology of fruit Crops
- MANURES , FERTILIZERS AND AGRICULTURAL CHEMICALS PDF DOWNLOAD
PLEASE SUPPORT US ON SOCIAL SITES
CONNECT US ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER:-CLICK TO CONNECT
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR REGULAR UPDATES:- CLICK TO FOLLOW
FOLLOW OUR TELEGRAM CHENNEL:-CLICK TO FOLLOW
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST:-CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE