Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana (PMKSY):
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare It will be implemented by Ministries of Agriculture, Water Resources and Rural Development.
What is it?
PMKSY was conceived by amalgamating three ongoing schemes:
• Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation.
• Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources.
• On Farm Water Management (OFWM) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
Extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
• Achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level.
• Expand cultivable area under assured irrigation (Har Khet ko Pani).
• Improve on-farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage of water.
• Enhance the adoption of precision-irrigation and other water saving technologies (More crop per drop).
• Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices by exploring the feasibility of reusing treated municipal based water for peri-urban agriculture.
• Create a comprehensive and holistic view of the entire “water cycle” by bringing concerned Ministries/Departments/Agencies/ Research and Financial Institutions under a common platform.
Process and Mechanism:
• PMKSY aims at a ‘decentralized State level planning and execution’ structure, in order to allow States to draw up a District Irrigation Plan (DIP) and a State Irrigation Plan (SIP).
• The programme will be supervised and monitored at the national level by an Inter-Ministerial National Steering Committee (NSC) under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister with Union Ministers of all concerned Ministries.
• A National Executive Committee (NEC) is to be constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog to oversee programme implementation, allocation of resources, interministerial coordination, monitoring and performance assessment, addressing administrative issues etc.
• At the state level the scheme is to be administered by a State Level Sanctioning Committee (SLSC) to be Chaired by the Chief Secretary of the respective States.
• AIBP by MoWR, RD & GR: To focus on faster completion of ongoing major and medium irrigation projects including National Projects.
• PMKSY (Har Khet ko Pani) by MoWR,RD &GR:
✓ Creation of new water sources through Minor Irrigation.
✓ Repair, restoration and renovation of water bodies
✓ Strengthening carrying capacity of traditional water sources
✓ Construction rainwater harvesting structures (Jal Sanchay)
✓ Command area development
• PMKSY (Watershed) by Dept. of Land Resources, MoRD:
Water harvesting structures such as check dams, nala bund, farm ponds, tanks etc.
• PMKSY (Per drop more crop) by Dept. of Agriculture & Cooperation, MoA:
✓ Promoting efficient water conveyance and precision water application devices like drips, sprinklers, pivots, rain-guns in the farm (Jal Sinchan).
✓ Construction of micro irrigation structures to supplement source creation activities including tube wells and dug wells.
- Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- Regeneration of Forest
- Basics of Bulb,Tuber and Leafy vegetable
- Agricultural Revolutions In Details
- Cinamon Cultivation