1. PM-JIVAN: Prime Minister- Jaiv Indan Vatavaran Anukool Fasal Awasesh Nivaran- Feb 28, 2019
➢ To provide financial support to Integrated Bio ethanol project using biomass & crop residues.
➢ 1969 cr for a period of 2018-19 to 2023-24
2. Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA)- Sep, 2018
➢ To provide MSP assurance to the farmers
Sub components of PM-AASHA:
a) Price Support Scheme: procurement of Oilseeds, pulses & Copra to be done by central nodal agencies along with state govts. Central govt. to bear procurement expenditure and losses due to procurement upto 25% of production.
b) Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS): will cover all oilseeds. Farmers will get direct payment of the difference between the MSP and the Selling price.
C) Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme: Participation of private sector in procurement operations to be piloted.
***3. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN): Feb, 2019
➢ Direct income support of Rs.6,000 per annum to Small and marginal farm families having cultivable land upto 2ha.
➢ Farmer will get Rs.6000 in three installments (4 months once, effective from 01.12.2018)
➢ The Scheme was formally launched at national level by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on the 24th February, 2019 at Gorakhpur, UP.
3. Har Medh Par Pedh: Dec, 2018
➢ Establishing New Forward linkages for Agroforestry produce
➢ Promotion of tree based oil seeds for production of biofuel.
4. Kisan Urja Suruksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM): Feb, 2019
❖ ****Formulated by ministry of New and Renewable Energy
❖ ** Installation of Grid connected Solar power plants each of capacity Upto 2MW in rural areas
❖ ***Installation of Solar water pumps
❖ **Solarisation of existing grid connected agricultural pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power to DISCOM.
5. Yuva Sahakar Scheme: November, 2018
Launched by: NCDC
Objective: To give wings to Young entrepreneurs in Cooperatives The scheme will be linked to Rs.1000 cr Cooperative Start up- and Innovation Fund (CSIF) created by the NCDC.
6. GOBAR – DHAN: Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources, February, 2018
• Main focus on converting cattle dung, solid waste into compost, biogas and bio-CNG.
7. Agrimarket Infrastructure Fund:
March, 2019 Corpus fund of Rs.2000 cr to NABARD towards soft loan to states/UTs for developing Marketing infrastructure.
- Important Agriculture related MCQs for competitive exam
- Environment related terms for Agriculture competitive exam
- Regeneration of Forest
- Important ICAR Programmes For Agriculture Competitive Exams IBPS,NABARD,IRMA,JRF,ARS,SRF
- List of Important International Years in Agriculture Allied Sector