- Soil becomes “Saline” in areas where annual evaporation exceeds annual precipitation.
- Beans are damaged by chloride in the soil solution at equal ostmatic pressure, which sulphates do not harm the crops.
- Grasses are more tolerant to chlorides than sulphates at equal O.P.
- At very high O.P, magnesium is more toxic than ‘Ca’ than Na.
- A soil which does not permit the normal growth of plant is a “Problem soil”.
- Acid soils: Two types in
- Laterite soils – These are open textured with “massive structure”.
- Ferrugenous red soils – derived from crystalline metamorphic rocks.
- Humus is a final product of organic matter decomposition. Lime as a reclaiming agent: calcite limestome – CaCO3,
- dolamite limestone – CaCO3 MgCO3.
- Quick lime – CaO, Blast furnace slage – CaSiO3 (by product of iron industry).
- Due to high soil acidity, Al, Mn, Fe, become highly solubulized and available in toxic amounts.
- In acid soils activity of bacteria and actinomycetes is adversely affected. Fungi are active in
- All the micronutrients (Fe, Mn, Cu, Zn, Co) except Mo are available in the acid pH. Mo
deficiency has been identified in leguminous crops.
Tillage Implements & their work
- Tractor drawn cultivator – Destroy weeds and breaking clods
- Sweep cultivator – Harvesting groundnut and used in stubble mulching
- Harrows – Preparation of seedbed, destroy weeds
- Planker – Micro levelling
- Star weeder – Weeding in dry lands and groundnut field
Particle – Diameter(mm)
Fine earth <2
Coarse sand 0.2 -2
Fine sand 0.2- 0.02
- Agriculture One Liner for Competitive Exam
- Agriculture MCQ Important For Competitive Exam
- Regeneration of Forest
- 33 Important mcq For Agricultural Competitive Exam
- Important Trems Related To Agriculture for Competitive Examination
- Soil Health Card Scheme
- 52 Important Mcqs For Agriculture Competitive Examination
- Agriculture Meteorology Pdf Download Important For Competitive Exam
- Soil Health Card related some Important Questions for Competitive exam
- Important Point of Agriculture for Competitive Exam