Soil Science One Liner
Soil Science One Liner
● The soil moisture content at 1/ 3 bar (pressure is called as ‘Field Capacity’, while soil moisture content at 15 bar is said to be the Wilting Capacity.
● The formula = PW × AS × D 100 , is used to measure irrigation water depth.
● Strength of Growth Regulator—1‚000 ppm means 0·1% solution or 1g/litre water or 1000 mg/litre. ● Tensiometer in soil can work upto 0·8 bar pressure.
● That process, wherein ammonia forms through organic compound is called ammonification.
● The oxidation of ammonia into nitrate, is called nitrification. (Soil Science One Liner)
● Mineralisation is that process, wherein the carbonic form of nitrogen is changed into inorganic form.
● In cereal crops, the nitrogen fixation through Azotobacter and Azospirillum (bio-fertilizers bacteria) is called symbiotic nitrogen fixation.
● The soil colour is measured through the method of Mushell colour.
● Zero Tillage Technology in Wheat can save the cost by 28%.
● CFQC & TI—Central Fertilizer Quality Control and Training Institute Faridabad (Haryana)-having 74 laboratories in the country with 3 Regional Fertilizer Control Laboratories located at Mumbai, Chennai and Kalyani for testing, training fertilizers etc. (Soil Science One Liner)
● Nitrogen (N) nutrient was discovered by D. Rutherford in 1772 and was found 78·4% N in atmospheric air.
● Fertilizer Control Order (FCO), 1985 and Essential Commodity and Fertilizer Control Order (FCO) 1985 are to ensure fertilizer standard quality to farmers.
Meaning in One Sentence
● ABC Soil—The clearly developed profit of A, B & C layers of soil, is called ABC soil.
● ATP (Adinosin Tri-Phosphate)—It is the energyful of compound, that helps to increase some cell activities.
● Crop log—The graphic record of progress of any crop, that is the class/category of physical and chemical measurement. (Soil Science One Liner)
● Crop logging—The identification of low or high amount of any plant nutrient in leaves of crop plants like-sugarcane.
● Crop lodging—The falling of crop by any means (like excess of water, nitrogen excess or fast/stormy winds), is called ‘crop lodging’,
● HCN (Hydro-Cynic Acid)—The poison present in the form of glucoside in leaves/stem of sorghum under dry & early stage, is called HCN (Prusic Acid/or Dhurin).
● Ley Farming—The growing of grasses on agriculturally usuable land in a agri-system and there after keep it as pasture for some years.
● NADEP—Narain Dev Rao Pandhari (Pandey) a compost method a farmer of Pusad, village in Yavatmal distt. of Maharashtra. (Soil Science One Liner)
● pH—Anti-log of hydrogen ions.
● pF—The log of height (cm) of water column, that is equal to soil-force.
● Pedology—The Science of composition, life and its activities i.e., origin, distribution and characteristic study of a soil, is called Pedology.
● Neem patented to India from USA (2005) and Neem Year 2007 was celebrated.
- Fruit Crop Cultivation One Liner For Competitive exam-2
- Agricultural Economics One Liner For Competitive exam-2
- Basic Horticulture One Liner For Competitive exam
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam
- General Agriculture One Liner For Competitive exam-47