1. The Government has extended crop loan interest upto______ for farmers till May 31, 2020.
1) 1 Lakh
2) 5 Lakh
3) 3 Lakh
4) 2 Lakh
5) 10 Lakh
Answer – 3) 3 Lakh
The government has extended the benefit of 2% interest subvention (IS) to banks and 3% prompt repayment incentive (PRI) to all farmers up to May 31, 2020 for all crop loans up to 3 lakh which have become due between March 1 to May 31, 2020. The decision has been taken due to the national lockdown situation to prevent Covid-19 infection.
2.The Union Agriculture ministry has launched 3 features in e-NAM platform to enable farmers to sell their harvested product directly from warehouse. Who is the Present Minister for Agriculture & Farmer’s Welfare?
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer – 5) Narendra Singh Tomar
The Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj,
Narendra Singh Tomar has launched three new features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform to enable farmers to sell their harvested produce directly from warehouse which will prevent crowding in mandis amid COVID-19 outbreak. The 3 features are as follows Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWRs) module, Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) trading module, Logistic Module.
3.Name the Indian state which topped all-India level for micro-irrigation (MI), under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) for FY20 (2019-20).
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer – 4) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu has topped the all-India level for micro-irrigation (MI), under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY), with a coverage of 2,06,853.25 ha for the financial year 2019-20 & It is followed by Karnataka and Gujarat respectively. In the cumulative coverage of MI from 2015-20, Karnataka topped with coverage of 8,15,690.31 ha.
4.Which edition of National Maritime Day (NMD) was celebrated on April 5, 2020?
Answer – 2) 57
The 57th Edition of National Maritime Day (NMD) was celebrated on April 5, 2020 (celebrated since 1964). The day is observed annually to raise awareness in supporting intercontinental commerce and the global economy as the most well- organized, safe & sound, environmentally responsive approach of transporting goods from one corner to another corner of the world. The World Maritime Day 2020 was observed on September 24, 2020 (last Thursday of September annually).
5. Which organisation issues BHOG certification?
Answer – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
Explanation: BHOG is Blissful Hygiene Offering to God. These are certificates issued by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
6.Name the 1st Indian state which is going to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP)?
Answer – Uttarakhand
Explanation: Uttarakhand state is going to become the first state of the country to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP) for quantifying ecological growth measurement.
7. Which University has developed new red paddy variety named ‘Sahyadri Megha’ to resist blast disease?
Answer – University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS), Karnataka
Explanation:As part of its initiative to prevent decline in the area under paddy cultivation, the University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS), Shivamogga, Karnataka has developed ‘Sahyadri Megha’, a new red variety of paddy that is resistant to blast disease and rich in nutrients.
8.Government has approved the ex-gratia compensation of life insurance cover for Food Corporation of India (FCI) employees. FCI comes under Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution ministry, who is the present Minister for the same?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Thaawar Chand Gehlot
3) Ram Vilas Paswan
4) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
5) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – 3) Ram Vilas Paswan
Explanation: The Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan has announced that government has approved ex-gratia monetary compensation for life insurance cover to 1,08,714 workers, officers & laborers of the Food Corporation of India (FCI) who die due to COVID-19. In the 6-month period from March 24 to 23 September, 2020 if any FCI employee dies then,Regular FCI Labour will get a life cover of Rs 15 lakhs, Contractual Labour- sanctioned upto Rs 10 lakhs, Category 1 Officers Rs 35 lakhs, Category 2- Rs 30 lakhs and Category 3 & 4 workers- Rs 25 lakhs.
9.Agricultural online trading portal e-NAM has completed 4yrs of implementation. Name the lead agency which implements the portal under aegis of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare.
1) Agriculture Regulatory Authority of India
2) National Informatics Centre
3) Bureau of Indian Standards
4) Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
5) Confederation of Indian Industry
Answer – 4) Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
Agriculture online trading portal Electronic- National Agriculture Market (e-NAM), to complete 4 years of implementation. The Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is the leading agency to implement it, under the assistance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare of the Government of India.
10. Ministry of Agriculture has launched a call centre for agri logistics for movement of vegetables and fruits. Who among the following are Minister of State of Ministry of Agriculture?
1) Parshottam Rupala
2) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3) Kailash Choudhary
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer – 5) Both 1) and 3)
The Agriculture Ministry has set up a call centre to ease the difficulties in agri logistics, particularly the inter- State movement of perishable vegetables and fruits as well as agri inputs such as seeds, pesticides and fertilisers. Minister of State– Parshottam Rupala, Kailash Choudhary.
11.Jim Corbett National park has become India’s 1st Quarantine centre for animals. Where does Jim Corbett National park located?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 1) Uttarakhand
Jim Corbett National Park, the India’s oldest forested wildlife sanctuary located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, has become the India’s 1st quarantine centre for animals with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
12. The Union minister of Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar has chaired the National conference 2020 on which crops (in April 2020)?
Answer – 4) Kharif
Explanation: The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar chaired the National Conference on Kharif crops 2020 by video conference & stated that all states should aim to achieve the kharif target and also the doubling of farmers’ income should be taken up in mission mode.
13. The Central Government has inaugurated the ‘PUSA decontamination and sanitizing tunnel’ in Delhi recently. Name the organisation (developed by organisation’s insititute) which developed the tunnel.
1) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
2) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Answer – 1) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Explanation: Minister of State (MoS) for Agriculture Kailash Choudhary inaugurated a “PUSA decontamination and sanitizing tunnel” in Delhi and was developed by the government research body ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)- IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute).
14. National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) has collaborated with UNICEF for training community leaders through online to fight COVID-19. Where is NIRDPR located?
Answer – 3) Hyderabad
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Hyderabad, Telangana in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Hyderabad field office, is training over 28.33 lakh community leaders through online programs to practice social behaviours required to control the transmission of COVID-19 cases in villages in association with the governments of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Karnataka.
15.What is the amount that will be provided to refinance NABARD, SIDBI & NHB?
1) 1,00,000 cr
2) 25,000 cr
3) 75,000 cr
4) 50,000 cr
Answer – 4) 50,000 cr
A special refinance facility for an amount of Rs 50,000 crores will be provided to premier financing institutions that will further help in refinancing small and medium finance institutions to lend money smoothly to businesses. The funding divided as follows: Rs 25,000 cr for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Rs 15,000 cr for Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) Rs 10,000 cr for National Housing Bank (NHB)
16. Name the person who has been appointed as the ambassador of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) India’s environment education programme.
1) Rani Rampal
2) Virat Kohli
3) Viswanathan Anand
4) Sharath Kamal
5) Koneru Humpy
Answer – 3) Viswanathan Anand
Explanation: 5-time world chess champion Viswanathan Anand was appointed as ambassador of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) India’s environment education programme.
17. Name the transport aggregator app (developed by National Informatics Centre) which was launched by Union Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar for farmers.
1) Kisan truck
2) Kisan App
3) Kisan Rath
4) Kisan Rail
5) Kisan dost
Answer – 3) Kisan Rath
Explanation: The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, has launched farmer friendly mobile application ‘Kisan Rath’ with tagline “Kisan ka apna Vahan” to facilitate the movement of crops. The app has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and will connect 5 lakh trucks & 20,000 tractors for transporting farm produce.
18. National Biofuel Coordination Committee (NBCC) meeting under the chairmanship of Dharmendra Pradhan (Petroleum & Natural gas minister) has approved Food Corporation of India (FCI) to convert the available surplus rice into ________.
Answer – 1) Ethanol
Explanation: National Biofuel Coordination Committee (NBCC) meeting under the chairmanship of Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas has approved & allowed Food Corporation of India (FCI) to convert the available surplus rice to ethanol so as to utilize it in making alcohol-based hand-sanitizers & also for the Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) programme.
19. Name the organisation which has released the fourth annual Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC 2020) titled “2020 Global Report on Food Crises-Joint Analysis for better decisions”.
1) World Health Organization (WHO)
2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
4) International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
5) World Food Programme (WFP)
Answer – 5) World Food Programme (WFP)
Explanation: In accordance with the fourth annual Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC 2020) titled “2020 Global Report on Food Crises-Joint Analysis for better decisions” by United Nation’s (UN) World Food Programme (WFP), the coronavirus pandemic could nearly double the number of people around the world facing acute hunger. It should be noted that the WEP estimates that $350m (£280m) needed immediately, but only about a quarter of the sum has yet been available.