- Percentage of India’s fish production to the global fish production is- 6.3% (2 nd in World
- India is the second largest producer of fish and Fresh water fish in the world.
- Total Fish production in India- 12.60 million tonnes(Includes Inland and Marine)
- World Fish Centre headquarter located at- Penang, Malaysia
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute- Kochin, Kerala
- Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute- Barrack pore, WestBengal
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education(CIFE)-Mumbai,Maharashtra
- Central Institute of Brackish water Aquaculture- Chennai agrilearner
- Central Government Launched “Blue revolution scheme” to increase production and
productivity of fisheries in- 2015
- The main aim of Blue revolution is to augment Fish production to about- 20 MT by 2022-23.
- National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) Headquarter- Hyderabad
- Contribution of fisheries to Agricultural exports- 20%
- Global position 2nd in Fisheries 2nd in Aquaculture
- Contribution of Fisheries to
GDP (%) 0.91 (1%)
- Contribution to Agril. GDP 5.23% (Now decreased Acc. To budget 2019)
- Per capita fish availability (Kg.) 9.0
- Present fish Production 12.60 mmt
✔Inland 7.4 mmt
✔Marine 5.2 mmt
- Third Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018 19
- The 3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19 have been released by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare on 03rdJune, 2019.
- The estimated production of various crops as per the 3rd Advance Estimates for 2018-19 vis-à-vis the comparative estimates for the years 2005-06 onwards is enclosed.
- As per 3rd Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2018-19 is as under:
✔Foodgrains –283.37 million tonnes.
✔Rice – 115.63 million tonnes. (record)
✔Wheat – 101.20 million tonnes (record)
✔Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 43.33 million tonnes.
✔Maize –27.82 million tonnes.
✔Pulses –23.22 million tonnes.
✔Gram – 10.09 million tonnes.
✔Tur –3.50 million tonnes.
✔Oilseeds –31.42 million tonnes.
✔Soyabean – 13.74 million tonnes
✔Rapeseed and Mustard – 8.78 million tonnes
✔Groundnut – 6.50 million tonnes
✔Cotton – 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each)
✔Sugarcane – 400.37 million tonnes (record)
- As per Third Advance Estimates for 2018-19, total Foodgrain production in the country is estimated at 283.37 million tonnes which is higher by 17.62 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of foodgrain.
- Total production of Rice during 2018-19 is estimated at record 115.63 million tonnes. Production of rice has increased by 2.87 million tonnes than the production of 112.76 million tonnes during 2017-18. It is also higher by 7.83 million tonnes than the five years’ average production of 107.80 million tonnes.
- Production of Wheat, estimated at record 101.20 million tonnes, is higher by 1.33 million tonnes as compared to wheat production of 99.87 million tonnes achieved during 2017-18. Moreover, the production of wheat during 2018-19 is higher by 6.59 million tonnes than the average wheat production of 94.61 million tonnes.
- Production of Nutri / Coarse Cereals estimated at 43.33 million tonnes is marginally higher by 0.24 million tonnes than the average production.
- Total Pulses production during 2018-19 is estimated at 23.22 million tonnes which is higher by 2.96 million tones than the Five years’ average production of 20.26 million tonnes.
- Total Oilseeds production in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at 31.42 million tonnes. The production of oilseeds during 2018-19 is higher by 1.77 million tonnes than the Five years’ average oilseeds production.
- With an increase by 20.46 million tonnes over 2017-18, total production of Sugarcane in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at record 400.37 million tonnes.
- Moreover, the production of sugarcane during 2018-19 is higher by 50.59 million tonnes than the average sugarcane production of 349.78 million tonnes.
- Production of Cotton estimated at 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each) and Production of Jute & Mesta estimated at 9.79 million bales (of 180 kg each).
- 33 Important mcq For Agricultural Competitive Exam
- Important Trems Related To Agriculture for Competitive Examination