Agriculture and Rural Development section is one of the most important sections of NABARD Grade A & B Officer Exams. Therefore, we regularly provide you with Free ARD Study notes through Blogs and E-books for your preparation. In this section, questions related to Minimum Support Prices – MSP have been asked. Hence it becomes very important for all the candidates to be aware about the 2018-19 MSP of various Kharif, Rabi and Other Crops.
In all the Bank and Government exams like NABARD Grade A & Grade B Exams, Every mark counts and even 1 mark can be the difference between success and failure. Therefore, to help you get these important marks we have created a Free ARD Study notes E-book on Minimum Support Prices: 2018-19.
The details of Minimum Support Prices of all the important Crops are given in the following pages of this Free E-book.
Sample Questions –
Q. The MSP of Wheat for 2018-19 was set at ________.
Answer: Option B – ₹1840
Q. The MSP of Bajra in 2018-19 was increased by _____%, as compared to 2017-18.
Answer: Option D – 37%
What is Minimum Support Price (MSP) ?
It is type of Market Intervention carried out by the Government of India to protect the Farmer from sharp fall in prices of their crops, especially during bumper production.
MSP is announced for specific crops by the Government of India as per the recommendations of the Commission of Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP).
Minimum Support Price is the basic guarantee price which the farmer will get for her/his produce from the Government.
If during Bumper Production year/s the Market Price of any crop falls below the MSP. The Government of India purchases the entire crop produce of the farmer at MSP.
The Aim of MSP is to relieve the Farmers from stress of selling their farm produce and earning a good Return on their investments. It is also the means of procuring food grains for Public distribution system.
MSP is announced before the sowing season starts for certain crops.
- 800 Important Facts Of Agriculture Pdf Download
- Most Important Questions For IRMA, NABARD, AFO, PHD.
- Programmes launched during 2018-19 to 2019-2020 Very Important for competitive exam
- Agronomy MCQ Important for competitive exam
- Important Days in Agriculture & Allied Sciences for IBPS,SBI,NABARD,IRMA And Other Competitive Exams
- Agriculture and Rural Development Pdf for NABARD, JRF, SRF, ARS, SET, Phd, ASRB, IRMA, UPSC, Cooperative Bank
- List of Important International Years in Agriculture Allied Sector
- Agriculture Current Affairs October 2018
- Important Question and Answer for Competitive Exam
- Lists Of ICAR Awards Important For Agriculture Competitive Exams IBPS,NABARD,IRMA,JRF,ARS,SRF