Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme for Commercial Production Units for organic/ biological Inputs
The increasing and indiscriminate use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides and deteriorating soil health and productivity is concerning people all over the world. Growing awareness for safe and healthy food has underlined the importance of organic farming, which is a holistic system based on the basic principle of minimizing the use of external inputs and avoiding the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
In view of these challenge, there is a need in the country to augment the infrastructure for production of quality organic and biological inputs. Accordingly, under National Project on Organic Farming a Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme for Commercial Production Units for organic/biological inputs has been introduced. The scheme is being implemented by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare through National Centre of Organic Farming (NCOF) in collaboration with NABARD or National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC). The scheme is being implemented since 2004-05.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To promote organic farming in the country by making available organic inputs, such as bio fertilisers, bio pesticides and fruit & vegetable market waste compost and thereby generate better return for the produce
- To increase agricultural productivity while maintaining soil health and environmental safety
- To reduce total dependence on chemical fertilizers and pesticides by increasing the availability and improving the quality of bio fertilisers, bio pesticides and composts in the country
- To convert organic waste into plant-nutrient resources
- To prevent pollution and environment degradation by proper conversion and utilization of organic waste
Who can benefit from the scheme?
- Bio fertilisers and Bio pesticides production Units
- Fruit & vegetable waste compost units
- Individuals, group of farmers/growers, proprietary and partnership firms, Co-operatives, fertilizer industry
- Companies, Corporations
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Agricultural Produce Market Committees (APMCs)
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)
- Sub-Missions on Agriculture for Competitive exam
- Best offer for Agriculture Students
- Important Data of Agriculture for FSSAI, IBPS AFO and other Competitive exam
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture for Competitive Exam